Flathead Lake Monster

After several recommendations from friends as well as strangers we met along the way, we decided to take an unexpected detour to Glacier National Park. Our first stop along the way was Polson, Montana. It's a small town at the south end of Flathead Lake which is the largest fresh water lake west of the Mississippi. It was also reported long ago to have a monster similar to Loch Ness. We were very excited to get the spot we ended up getting which was along the shore with a great view of the lake.

The water is extremely clear and clean and looked so nice that we had to swim even though it was evening and getting cold and windy.

The next morning we explored the town and found a local cheese shop. We LOVE cheese, especially Jordan, so we stopped by and they gave us a personal tour and tasting.

We spent the majority of that day swimming before heading north.

There is a dock out on the water that Jordan was playing on for a bit along with a bunch of high school kids.


Jordan was playing and I waved at him. And a high school boy waved back. Ha! And then he kept waving! Oh man, I was cracking up, and Jordan was cracking up. And I wanted to watch Jordan, but I didn't want the boy to think I was looking at him. He kept sneaking glances at me every few minutes. I guess I still have it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment