#31 Fort Stevens State Park

After Ocean Shores we took a couple of days to go down into Oregon. We were at a library and overheard a man talking about needing to get to Portland. We were at least heading South to Oregon so we decided to give him a ride. He was an interesting guy. Definitely a talker. I was a little nervous about giving a stranger a ride, but he seemed pretty harmless and we felt good about it. I did, however, keep my pepper spray on my seat the whole time, just in case.

Entering Oregon! I was really excited to go to Oregon. It was my first time here and back in 2009 when Jordan and I were dating he started in Astoria and biked the entire Oregon coast all the way down to California. So I think he was excited to show me all the places he had been.

We spent two days in Astoria. There was a lot to do and see! We spent the whole first day at Fort Stevens State Park. We checked out Shipwreck beach and the old military forts.

This fort was really cool. It was two stories and had lots of little rooms to explore.




Shipwreck Beach was one of my favorite places. I had seen pictures of it before so I was excited to finally see the boat in person. Its pretty cool. 


We also did more bird watching at Fort Stevens State Park. Saw a lot of little shore birds I had a hard time properly identifying :)


No comments:

Post a Comment