#32 Astoria

Astoria was really fun. When my parents were living in Cape Cod and were scheduled to be transferred they picked Astoria as one of their top places to go. They ended up in San Diego which is cool, but Astoria would have been fun too.

One of the main things I wanted to do while we were in Astoria was get some Chinese food! I had been craving it really bad. We checked out a few Chinese restaurants while we were there. They all seemed pretty gross so I had to save my craving for another day.

While we were in Astoria I of course wanted to see the Goonies house. Jordan doesn't even like the movie and I've only seen it once when I was in college so it wasn't a childhood favorite of either of ours. The house could have looked like anything and I wouldn't have known whether or not it was from the Goonies ;).


We went down to some docks that had a Coast Guard boat. We were hoping to get a tour, but no such luck.
Astoria tower was really cool! It was a really nice day which made for some beautiful views.

They had little wooden planes you could buy to throw off of the tower. We collected as many as we could find on the ground before heading up. It was fun to see how far we could get them to go. And we also tried getting them to fly down in tight little circles.

You can see the bridge in the background where we rode with that man in the RV from Washington.


No comments:

Post a Comment